With some of the biggest, most anticipated summer events in Saskatchewan coming to a close for another year (yes, I'm referring to Craven), I've heard rumblings of summer boredom setting in. I've even heard some comments about summer being 'over' now. Well, I'm here to tell you that not only is summer still very much in session, but there are a lot of events and activities going on in Southern Saskatchewan for the duration of July. After a bit of Googling and some research on Facebook, here are some highlights of the family-friendly activities that will help you fill the days and nights of this perfect summer month.
If you are in the Moose Jaw area:
- Moose Jaw Show & Shine (July 19th) - This car show comes complete with competitions, Jolly Jumps, Beer Gardens, and a Drive in Movie featuring Fast Five. Check out their Facebook page for more information.
- Saskatchewan Festival of Words (July 17th-20th) - This festival is going on as we speak, and features workshops and reading by Canadian authors, as well as a Great Big Book Club, this year featuring author Miriam Toews. Check out their website for further details.
- 3rd Annual Brickspo (July 26-27th) - LEGO enthusiasts unite to build both large and small models and display them for visitors. Check out the Western Development Museum's website for more details.
If you are in the Regina area:
- North American Indigenous Games (July 20th-27th) - With sports ranging from archery and baseball to lacrosse and wrestling, this event showcasing athletes from across Canada is sure to be a fun time for the whole family. Check out their comprehensive webpage or you can follow them on Facebook and Twitter (@lmadill2014naig)
- 2nd Annual Mudsports Mud Extravaganza (July 25th-27th) - If you enjoy motors and mud, this event is for you. Check out their website.
- I Love Regina Day (July 19th) - Complete with a Farmer's Market, Jolly Jumps, face painting, yoga, a free BBQ and more, this day in Victoria Park is a great way to celebrate our Queen City.
If you are in the Rouleau area
- Dog River Days (July 25th-27th) - Celebrating 10 years since Corner Gas began in Rouleau, the town is celebrating this accomplishment with a weekend devoted to activities and fun. Check our their Facebook page for more details.
If you are in the Central Butte area:
- 100 Years Celebration (July 25th-27th) - Check out their website for more information
- Lakeshore Stampede (July 25th-27th) - Located in Elbow, this is a CCA rodeo full of family-friendly fun
Looking for more events in Southern Saskatchewan? The Tourism Saskatchewan website
is full of ideas to full the rest of your July social calendar and beyond.
Let us know if you attend any of these events!