How Do You Measure a Year?

Another year has come and gone and I find myself yet another year older. In light of my recent birthday, I've spent some time reflecting on the past year, and I've come to the conclusion that the ways in which I currently measure a year are very different than years past. This is absolutely to do with the fact that for the past year I have experienced so many changes in my personal life: raising a baby-turned-toddler, enjoying a maternity leave, returning to work and commuting with my daughter in tow, learning of the arrival of our second child in the fall, and now moving to a new home.

Phew. What a year!

There are many ways in which we could measure a year, and the ways in which I measure past and current years have changed drastically. There are also many ways I could measure the past year, depending on the lense that I choose to reflect through.

How I Used to Measure a Year:
How I COULD Measure the Past Year:
How I Measure the Past Year:
How do you measure a year?

Vanessa